I was in California earlier this week, but on Lynne's advice I moved up my return flight as the threat of snow grew.

The snow began to fall on the cab ride home, leaving me just an hour or two window to test the generator and refill all the gas tanks.

That was Friday night.

It's now Sunday and we are full into the North Carolina system of snow removal, "wait until it melts".

School is already cancelled for tomorrow, and at the rate it's melting, they may not go back to school until Wednesday.