So I asked on twitter:
So what technology should young developers be forced to use, just so they know how good they have it today?
You people are just downright mean. Here are the answers I got:
- tpherndon: XML Schemas
- storming: A paper encyclopedia. I think they'd be flabbergasted that we used to find information that way.
- jtauber: edlin?
- edsu: lynx
- cwood: Windows
- hahnrobert: BASIC on Atari 800XL computers
- jtauber: on the hardware side: DIP switches for configuration
- jtauber: MS-DOS memory management (EMS and XMS)
- jtauber: finding files online using archie
- smerp: SCCS
- PauloGaspar7: GWBasic? MASM?
In particular, remind me never to get on jtauber's bad side.