It’s now been close to three weeks since my emergency surgery and I am recoving slowly. As I’ve gotten better I’ve progressed through the three stages of TV watching:
- Can’t watch TV, too much activity and sound.
- I could sit here and watch David Attenborough for days on end.
- If I watch any more TV my brain is going to melt and flow out through my ears.
BTW, what happened to cooking shows on TV? Remember when they used to just be someone preparing a recipe? When did they become talk shows? I miss the days of Justin Wilson.
I’ve gotten better enough to actually cook dinner for the family, which is an incredibly gratifying stage in my return to being a productive human being, though it is quite a longer process than normal, as I’m still recovering. The prep for dinner last night was little bouts of activity spread across three hours.
- Clean space in fridge for chicken.
- Take a nap.
- Spatchcock the chicken and salt it, place in fridge.
- Rest for a while.
- Slice zucchini and onion.
- Take another nap.
You get the idea.
Anyway, it’s slow and steady progress every day.