- Defn: Time Crimp, Temporal Crimp, or simply Crimp
A term that describes the compression of time during a crisis.
During times of crisis events unfold with a speed unthinkable outside a crisis.
- Vaccines for Covid-19 may be available in a year or two, as opposed to the normal development timeline of decades.
- Sweeping changes to zoning laws that would normally have been impossible, or at least taken years to get approved are done in a matter of days.
- "Defund the Police" went from being an obscure idea to Minneapolis policy.
- Entire market segments fast-forward through time.
- Massive shifts in public opinion.
"How long do you think it would have taken NASCAR to ban confederate flags outside the crimp?"
Crimp Fatigue - The exhaustion that comes with trying to keep up with events during a time crimp.